CUSTOMER HOTLINE +1.866.531.0600
FACILITIES -- Located in Hillsboro, Oregon. Our facility features 80,000 sf of indoor fabrication space and 20 acres of outdoor assembly and fit-up space with access to utilities.
For efficient material handling, each Columbia bay is equipped with multiple overhead cranes ranging from 5 to 20 tons, as well as one-ton and two-ton jib cranes and hoists. Other equipment in the bays includes forklifts, travel lifts, side-beam loaders, carry-deck cranes. We also have the ability to obtain 40-ton moving dollies with a hydraulic jacking system to assist in getting completed assemblies safely around our facility.
To meet the demands of projects with aggressive lead times, Columbia can expand our indoor space to outside Columbia owned property (as needed).
CERTIFICATIONS -- Our operations are conducted under an ISO 9001: 2008 and API Q1 Quality System. We are able to develop and implement project specific programs geared to satisfy a customer's special requirements. We offer a full range of pre-qualified procedures to work with the following materials:
- Carbon Steel
- AR Plate
- Weathering Steel
- Stainless Steel
- Low Temperature Steels
- Modern Alloys
- Quenched and Tempered Steel
- High Tensile Steel
WELDING -- All Columbia welders are certified per American Welding Society (AWS) codes and standards. Our pre-qualified weld processes include:
- SMAW (Stick Weld)
- GMAW (Mig Weld)
- GTAW (Tig Weld)
- FCAW (Flux Core)
PLATE SHOP -- We have several machines/tools that can handle pretty much anything you throw at us:
- Hypertherm HPR400 XD plasma table with a bed measuring 10ft wide and 60ft Long. It is capable of plasma burning up to 1-1/2" thick material and if you we have to burn something that is thicker we have oxy-fuel capabilities on the table that will allow us to burn up to 4" thick.
- Marvel band saw capable of cutting up to 24" high and 20" wide materiel at 90 degrees. Saw is also capable of doing up to 60 degree angle cuts with max material height of 11". We handle material up to 65ft long.
- Cincinnati Press capable of cutting up to 1/2" A36 Mild steel.
- Spartan ID66DX Iron Worker used for smaller jobs capable of hole punching up to 1-1/16" also used for shearing flat bar, round bar, square stock and angle.
- Drilling holes from 1/16" to 2-1/2" in diameter through 2-1/2" plate.
- Haas TL2 Lathe with a 48" bed, max turning diameter of 8-3/4"
- 325 Ton Press with a 4V die and a 8" adjustable
- 5 ton overhead cranes for easy material movement
ON-SITE COATINGS DEPARTMENT -- Our Coatings Department (SSP 2 & 3) has the ability to prime and paint surfaces. Our facility includes two environmentally controlled dedicated paint booths.
PURCHASING -- We have a well-developed supply chain with a Sr. Buyer who is exceptional at finding the "hard to find" material. We also have a Project Buyer who will track the material from order entry to shipment.
QUALITY -- We have a highly trained crew of in-house quality inspectors to monitor and ensure compliance with product specifications and customer expectations.
SHIPPING -- Columbia Industries has the capability and experience in worldwide shipping.
For more information about how Columbia can help with your projects, please contact Customer Service at +1.866.531.0600.